Friday, November 6, 2009

THEY ARE OURS!!!! WE PASSED COURT!!!!!

UNBELIEVABLE... That's the only way I can think to describe this morning. PRAISE GOD!

Last night I told my sweet husband that I wished he would be home to answer the phone tomorrow (today)... I really didn't want to get the call that we failed court.... He just said "you don't have to worry about that..." He had told our adoption coordinator to call him with bad news and me with good. Of course he had... This is Phil.

Before we went to bed (7:30 AM Addis Ababa time) we prayed that God would stir the hearts of the MoWA workers to go in early and complete our paperwork. After talking with our case manager yesterday, and learning more about what the MoWA closing meant, we knew this was the only way we were going to make it through court...

So there I am this morning, wrapped in a blanket on the couch, staring at my home phone and my cell phone (Phil would be calling on the cell phone). Just waiting for one to ring. I was sure it would be the cell phone after yesterday's news. But on the other hand, I knew how many people we had praying for us......

Then it happened.... THE HOME PHONE RANG!!!!

So, of course, I thought our coordinator must have forgotten Phil's instructions.

WRONG AGAIN!

It was our coordinator. He said "Well, I have some good news for you!" Which is when the water works started. Well, I actually can't remember exactly WHAT he said, because I was IN SHOCK! But, basically, God answered our prayer last night. Here's the email the attorney in Ethiopia sent our coordinator this morning:


I have a little surprise....

We heard MoWA experts went early into their office and wrote recommendations only for six children. Apparently, the Weinmeister family were among the few lucky families. Their adoption has been approved following MoWA'a supportive recommendation.

The Lord is good


You can say that again! The Lord is good!

And now.... introducing the two newest additions to the Weinmeister family......

Tarik Joseph Weinmeister





and Sophie Fasika Weinmeister


13 comments:

Jennifer said...

YIPPEE!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! This is awesome, wonderful news. You guys are PARENTS! How does it feel Mom and Dad? :-)

Your children are beautiful! Simply beautiful, and with such perfect names.

So very happy for you guys!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh BEYOND excited for you two!!! and of course for your adorable kiddo's they are beautiful! So good to see them smiling. Can't wait to meet them. Congrats again

tac said...

CONGRATS!!!

They are both adorable!!

Katie Morris said...

Congratulations! What an answer to prayers. They are precious. I am sure you are so anxious to hold them and love on them. I can't wait to hear about your journey to Ethiopia to meet them.

~Katie

Melissa Banks said...

PRAISE GOD, HE IS GOOD!!!! Congratulations on your new family members!!!!

Allison said...

What fantistic news!!! Your children are precious. Congratulations.

The Gobble's (Lanetta) said...

OMG!! so thrilled.... tears!!!
AMAZING... darling babies!!!
so excitecd for you guys...
so what's the next step? when do you go get them? So thrilled!!! God is SO awesome!!! :) The WAIT is over!! :)

Krissy said...

I've got tears in my eyes looking at those beautiful faces that are now your children. God is good.

kristen said...

WOW!!!! That is TRULY awesome! I am SO excited... for ALL of you!! WOO-HOO!!!!!

They are ABSOLUTELY gorgeous children. Can't wait to continue to see their beautiful faces. :)

dnd82001 said...

Thank you God!!

Congrats!

Darlene

Mark and Wendy said...

Your children are beautiful! Congratulations!

Baby Kaz Moore said...

Congratulations from Austin!! They're beautiful and I hope they're with you very soon. All my best, Susan

Kim said...

Your children are beautiful! Praise the Lord for His work in your whole process! Praying you are united with them soon!